Roles & Responsibilities
- Complete ownership of the components that one works on - starting from architecture design to monitoring metrics post deployment.
- Working closely with the founders and setting up Mesh for success by building & owning the backbone of the company - our platform.
- Strong bias for action with a problem solving mindset. Meeting current requirements or resolving issues while keeping bigger picture in mind.
- Thinking big while designing components. Keeping in mind that if we build our current version for x users, it will be 10x within a year & 100x within 1.5 years.
- Continuous learning for oneself as well as aiding your peers. Experimenting with newer solutions to keep one ahead of the curve.
- Leading by example and always placing the team over oneself. Ensuring that one unblocks others and shows technical leadership.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by following good engineering practices and habits.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or similar fields
- 3+ years of hands on experience in software development with excellent problem-solving skills
- Hands on experience on building highly-available, scalable systems
- Expertise in Java with data structures, algorithms, spring, hibernate skills
- Knowledge of NoSQL, MongoDB, caching data stores, queuing and search
- Proficiency in computer science fundamentals: Object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Good with the design patterns and architecture solution to large scale applications
- Nice to have: Cassandra, Kafka, Aerospike development experience with highly scalable and performant software systems